Submissions for the Student Bar Journal
Authors may submit under any of the following categories:
1. Long Articles– 4000 to 6000 words.
2. Essays– 2000-4000 words.
3. Case Comments- up to 2000 words.
The word limit is inclusive of footnotes.
1. All articles and essays must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
2. The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and in 1.5 line spacing.
3. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and in single line spacing.
4. Submissions must be made in the MS Word (.doc/.docx) format and the citations must conform to the latest edition of the Bluebook style.
5. Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two authors. Further, kindly adhere strictly to the word limit prescribed.
6. Submissions must be made via email to email@example.com
7. The subject of the email should be “Submission for 3rd Volume of Journal- (Title of the manuscript)”.
8. The submission should be accompanied by a Cover Letter which must include the following details:
a. Name of Author(s)
b. Contact Details– Address and Mobile No.
c. Name and Address of Institution
d. Course currently being pursued/ Academic Qualifications
Submissions for The HNLU Weekly
Submissions which deal with issues of contemporary importance on any subject of law or the social sciences are welcome, please feel free to employ an interdisciplinary approach. Purely theoretical posts are fine, however submissions which creatively re-characterize settled debates or present novel arguments and solutions for contested points of law and policy are encouraged and will be preferred,this includes analysis of recent Court judgments which might have a significant impact on the legal landscape and commentary on topical social, economic and political developments.
Here are a few guidelines that you should follow:
1) Submissions should ideally be between 800-1500 words in length, however these limits are flexible.
2) Please use either end notes or hyperlinks to cite authorities. Also cite sparingly and only when necessary.
3) Mail your submissions to hnlu.weekly@. Remember to mention your full name and year of study when you do.
Please note that we are currently in the process of obtaining an ISSN No. and all authors will be informed of it as soon as we are granted one.